- 700g trimmed rhubarb, cut up into chunks
- Grated rind & juice of 2 oranges
- 700g granulated sugar
- Place 3 clean jam jars at the back of your ESSE.
- Put the rhubarb, orange zest and juice into a pan with the sugar. Gently bring to the boil, stirring for about 15 minutes until thick.
- You can test if it’s at setting point by putting a teaspoon on a plate in the fridge. If it sets and forms a skin as it cools you’ll know it’s done. Boil again for a little longer if it doesn’t set.
- Put into your warmed jam jars.
Recipe prepared by Philippa Vine at Bluebell Farmhouse Kitchen and ESSE Cookery School.