This simple but deep flavoured salad works well with larger white potatoes as well.
- 1 kg new potatoes well scrubbed
- 350 good organic streaky bacon or pancetta
- 2 large onions peeled and thinly sliced from tip to root
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and slivered
- 1 massive handful of fresh coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbls of olive oil
Par boil the potatoes until just tender but not completely.
Heat a very large frying pan over the hot plate. Add the olive oil followed by the bacon fry until just starting to colour (2 mins max) add the onions and turn down the heat or move to the lower plate.
Sauté for 5 – 6 mins throw in the potatoes and cook for 10 – 20 more minutes.
Season well to taste.
Throw in the parsley, toss well and bring to the table.
Eat with bread, a little olive oil and some fresh tomatoes.