Named after the recipe was issued by the Ministry of Food. They would save up their butter and sugar rationing for this recipe to give it to children for a special treat.
- 2 heaped tablespoons golden syrup
- 110g butter
- 110g sugar
- 1 heaped tablespoon cocoa powder
- 125g toasted breadcrumbs
- Boil together the syrup, butter and sugar, whisk together to get them well mixed.
- Stir in the toasted breadcrumbs and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Spoon into a shallow tray and allow to cool and set.
- When set, cut into squares.
Recipe by Philippa Vine, Bluebell Farmhouse Kitchen.