- 110g buckwheat flour
- 25g cornfour
- 2 large eggs
- 275ml milk or oat milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Little olive oil
- Place the flours and cinnamon (if using) into a bowl.
- Beat in the eggs and milk until you have a smooth batter, the consistency of single cream. (Do add a little more water or milk if too thick).
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Brush a little olive oil on the hot plate (set at 200C / ESSE hotplate dial in the middle set at 12 o clock)
- Pour a small ladle of the pancake mixture direct onto the hot plate, swirl around using the ladle. Cook until set and a few bubbles start to appear.
- Lift the edge of the pancake with a palette knife, then carefully flip it over and cook for another minute.
- Keep the pancakes warm in the bottom oven when you cook the remaining pancakes.
Delicious served with roasted new season rhubarb, drizzled with honey and greek yogurt. Alternatively you can fill them with savoury filling such as wilted spinach and cheese!
Happy flipping pancakes!
Recipe by Philippa Vine at Bluebell Farmhouse Kitchen