- 5 eggs
- 8 oz caster sugar
- 1 tbsp self-raising flour / gluten free
- 4 oz of fresh ground almonds
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp brandy
- Almond essence
- Double cream
- Whisk egg whites to a soft peak add ½ the sugar.
- Add remaining sugar to the egg yolks then combine with the whites. Achieve volume.
- Be careful that you don’t over mix your egg, as that may take some air out of your mixture.
- Add the small amount of flour to hold the egg.
- Add almonds, baking powder, brandy and essence.
- Pour into a greased and lined cake tin.
- Bake at 175°C (Aim for the ESSE dial reading to be in the middle of MODERATE) for 35 – 40 minutes.
Recipe by Frances Atkins (Yorke Arms Nidderdale)